Event Planning - Schools, Degrees, Courses
Meeting, Convention and Event Planner is ranked as the #1 best business career in US News & World Report's listing on Best Careers in 2012. (source)An event planner is a professional who organizes and manages an event seamlessly from start to finish. It is more than just planning a party! Event planning degrees earned from the best schools can help you achieve your goal in this fast growing service industry. You can choose to research for an associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree and even a master’s degree from one of the many community colleges and schools of hospitality. Read more »
What will I be doing as an event planner?
Event planners have to first understand the purpose of any event. A wedding or family get-together will have to be dealt with differently as compared to a corporate meeting and convention. In short, an event planner takes care of every aspect of an event to ensure its success. This includes handling and delegating a variety of tasks like:
- Creating a blueprint for the whole event
- Finding the right venue
- Selecting from décor and appropriate entertainment options
- Arranging for food and coordinating with the food preparation and serving staff
- Planning for accommodation and transportation for the attendees
- Hiring event personnel and staff
- Coordinating with event personnel before, during and after the event and more.
What will I learn?
Event planning colleges in the country offer a variety of event planning courses and programs. The best event planning degrees are offered by colleges located in tourist hubs like Florida and other states, owing to the fact that students get more opportunities for hands-on projects and internships. When you take up an event planning degree, you will be learning all aspects of organization and planning of business as well as social events. These are a few of the popular event planning programs.
- Meeting Planning: In the corporate culture, meetings are held in high esteem and meeting planning degrees will take you through the basics of how to network, plan and coordinate large as well as small scale meetings.
- Event Designing and Production: When it comes to event planning, the devil is in the details! A course in event designing and production will equip you to deal with all the detail-oriented aspects of event planning like management of staff, staff coordination, materials management, food delivery, entertainment organization and management as well as things like guest registration and management of all other event planning resources.
- Promotion & Marketing: In order for any event to be a success, it is important to draw attention to it and show the audience what’s in it for them. Event promotion and marketing specialization will take you through the basics of using marketing tools and promotions to channelize attention toward the event.
- Catering Management: A subset of event planning, catering management courses will lead you through specifics of management of food preparation, delivery staff as well as catering staff and selection of menus and price lists.
- Wedding and Event Planning: The single largest event in any person’s life is a wedding and wedding planners are in high demand because they specialize in every aspect of wedding planning like budgeting, venue selection, catering management and more.
What are my career prospects?
Event planners can look forward to jobs in the social and corporate markets. Companies, charities and non-profit organizations use event planners to organize parties, fundraisers, conferences, conventions and more. On the social front, event planners are hired to handle birthdays, anniversaries, weddings and other parties.
HR reported data puts the median expected salary of meeting and event planners in the country at around $55,612. Depending on your specialization, the reputability of the event planning college you have earned your degree from and your inherent expertise in the field, the sky is the limit.
It can be quite difficult to find the right event planning school to do your course from, simply because there are so many event planning colleges across the nation. You can also choose to study event planning online. Look through our comprehensive course and college listings to find the best event planning college for you. Carpe diem!« Collapse
Programs Offered:Fashion Design, Interior Design, Graphic Arts, Advertising Design, Event Planning
Programs Offered:IT Management, Business Administration, Health Education, Travel and Tourism, Computer Applications, Computer Networking, Web Development, Early Childhood Education, Gerontology, Paralegal, Child Psychology, Liberal Arts, Nutrition, Political Science, Health Care Management, Public Safety, Public Administration, Behavioral Science, Addiction Counseling, General Psychology, Nursing, Leadership, Business Management , Accounting, Information Systems Security, Higher Education, Emergency Management, Adult Education, Educational Technology, Curriculum and Instruction, K-12 Education, Teacher Education, Corrections, Law Enforcement, Legal Studies, Law, Criminal Justice, Project Management, Human Resources, Marketing, Finance, MBA, Business Communications, Entrepreneurship, Office Administration, Hotel Management, Event Planning, Event Management, Customer Service, Medical Transcription, Medical Administrative Assistant, Medical Office Management
Event Planning Schools - 3 Reasons to Enroll Today
If you have dreams of someday being a wedding or event planner you can prepare now by taking event planning courses. Learn more about event planning schools and the many benefits that they can provide to you.
Working as an event planner can be very fun and fulfilling. You will have the opportunity to work in a variety of venues and areas and complete different tasks each and every single day. If you want to work in this field you can get started by getting your event planning certification. This will help you to have the qualifications to start working in this field.
#1 - Learn New Skills with Event Planning Courses
As an event planner you will need to be ready for almost anything. This means that you will need a lot of skills. You can start to acquire this necessary knowledge and skills by enrolling in event planning schools. You will be able to use these skills to execute successful events in your current profession and to launch your event planning career when you are ready. With your event planning certification by your side you will be ready to impress potential employers or clients. Event planners earn a median salary of $55,139 each year.
#2 - Impress Clients and Employers with an Event Planning Certification
Once you receive your event planning certification you will have a lot of knowledge about event planning. You can impress future employers with your knowledge and skills that you gain as you complete event planning courses. Your certification in event planning will set you apart from the many other candidates vying for the same position as you. Set yourself apart by getting training and education today.
#3 - Work with Others at Event Planning Schools
One of the great benefits of education is that you have the great opportunity to work with others. This means teachers, fellow students and others. From these people you will gain valuable associations, learn new skills and develop friendships. This is one of the greatest benefits of school. As you complete your event planning courses you will create valuable associations that can last a lifetime.
Don't stand by and wait for the future to figure out what you want to do with your life. If you want to be an event planner, then start on that path today by learning about event planning schools and what they can do for you. Event planning careers can be fulfilling and interesting and are a great choice for many people.